- 1 cup quinoa soaked and rinsed
- 1 young, virgin coconut
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped in quarter sized heads.
- 1 fennel bulb, washed and sliced into small pieces
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper chili flakes (less if you want the dish less spicy)
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp celery seeds, or more to taste
- 3 scallions
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
Vegetables in Coconut-Ginger Sauce
Cook quinoa. See basic Quinoa recipe
Open coconut, pour water into bowl, set aside. Scoop out and chop up coconut meat.
Sauté garlic, ginger, scallions, and chili flakes in water for one minute, stirring constantly. Add carrots and fennel and stir for another minute. Add broccoli and celery seeds, cover for 30 seconds.
Add coconut meat and water. Cover until broccoli is bright green all over.
Remove from heat. Serve over quinoa garnished with scallions and olive oil.