- ½ poblano pepper
- ½ jalapeño pepper
- 1 whole red bell pepper (sweet)
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 roma tomatoes (2 diced for later)
- 13 oz coconut milk
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- Some cilantro, chopped fresh basil or parsley for garnish
Spicy Thai Sauce:
Blend peppers, garlic, ginger and 1 of the diced tomatoes together in a blender or food processor.
Sauté blend with coconut milk, turmeric, cumin, ground coriander, coriander seeds and cayenne. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, then add remaining diced tomatoes.
Simmer an additional 20 minutes.
Use as a sauce on vegetable stir-fry or add a few vegetables, additional coconut milk and water for a spicy soup.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, basil, or parsley.
Note: depending on the heat units of the pepper used this can very spicy!