- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 thin slice celery root, finely minced or 3 stalks celery finely minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 medium potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Crush red hot pepper to taste
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 small cauliflower broken or sliced apart preserving the flower-ettes
- 4 medium sized fresh, ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp mild honey or maple syrup
Savory Vegetable Stew
In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and celery or celery root in water for 5 to 10 minutes until celery root is soft and onions translucent.
Add potatoes, spices and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed to prevent sticking and cook a bit longer if necessary to make sure potatoes are starting to get soft.
Add remaining ingredients. Cover and let stew over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This vegetable stew was delicious. Very unique exotic flavor. My only adjustments would be to cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes, not thin slices and to add maybe
1/2 cup more water to make it more like a stew. Otherwise, it’s too dry. I will definitely add this to my regular diet!