- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 thin slice celery root, finely minced or 3 stalks celery finely minced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 medium potatoes, finely sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- Crush red hot pepper to taste
- Juice of one large lemon
- 2 large carrots sliced
- 1 small cauliflower broken or sliced apart preserving the flower-ettes
- 4 medium sized fresh, ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp mild honey or maple syrup
Savory Vegetable Stew
In a large skillet, sauté the onion, garlic and celery or celery root in water for 5 to 10 minutes until celery root is soft and onions translucent.
Add potatoes, spices and lemon juice. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed to prevent sticking and cook a bit longer if necessary to make sure potatoes are starting to get soft.
Add remaining ingredients. Cover and let stew over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.