- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 35 - 40 minutes
- 2 leeks, washed thoroughly and sliced thinly
- 2 cups Alkalizing Vegetable Mineral Broth (AVM Broth)
- ¼ cup organic raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 parsnips, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 turnips, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup mushrooms (your choice)
- 2 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Parsnip and Turnip Winter Stew:
Sauté the leeks for 3 minutes in water in a large heavy bottomed pan, until softened.
Add the potatoes, vegetable broth, cider vinegar, turnips and parsnips to the pan. Combine and cover; simmer for 15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients except for cayenne pepper. Re-cover the pot and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes or until the potatoes and turnips are tender. Season with cayenne pepper or paprika to taste.
Serve in soup or stew bowls garnished with additional fresh parsley if desired.
Makes 4 servings.