- 1 cup carrot, sliced into matchstick strips
- 1 cup turnip, sliced into matchstick strips
- 1 cup rutabaga, sliced into matchstick strips
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 2 cups pitted dates or sweet cherries, chopped
- 1 head lettuce, any kind, whole leaves
Mid Winter Salad:
Combine all ingredients except the dates and lettuce in a large bowl and toss until well-mixed.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 or up to 4 hours.
Before serving, toss in the dates or cherries.
Serve on a lettuce-lined plate.