- ¼ cup organic raw balsamic or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp organic minced dried garlic
- ½ tsp organic dried rosemary - Optional - rosemary has a strong flavor and is not for everyone
- ½ tsp organic dried thyme
- ½ tsp organic dried basil
- ½ tsp organic dried oregano
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ⅛ tsp organic cayenne pepper or paprika
- Vegetable Suggestions
- 3 organic bell peppers
- 3 organic zucchini or other variety of summer squash
- 6 or 8 small tomatoes cut in half or 3 medium tomatoes quartered
- 2 large organic onions
- ¼ cup organic olive oil - save to drizzle on vegetables after cooking
Herb Marinated Vegetables
Marinating vegetables ahead of time is a wonderful way to make vegetable dishes a bit more interesting.
Whisk together vinegar, water and herbs in a small bowl.
Cut bell peppers into large pieces, discarding seeds and membranes. Cut summer squash, onions and whatever other vegetables you choose to add into a size similar to the peppers. You may also add broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, eggplant, bulb fennel root or whatever vegetables appeal to you. Place in large bowl, add marinade to vegetables and toss to coat.
Cover and chill for two hours or longer.
Roast vegetables with marinade in pre-heated 350 degree oven until tender in shallow baking dish,15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle olive oil over veggies and serve. May be served over quinoa or millet or enjoyed as is.