- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 or 3 stalks fresh celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups (Alkalizing Vegetable Mineral) AVM Broth
- 1 chipotle pepper (dried, not pickled in distilled vinegar and salt) or other fresh or dried pepper
- Dulse or kelp to taste
- Dill or parsley for a garnish and olive oil
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
Preheat oven to 350.
Halve squash, scoop seeds into separate bowl and if desired rinse and toast on a cookie sheet for snacking later (not while cleansing).
Bake squash in a touch of water with the celery and garlic cloves nestled where the seeds were removed for 30 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Let squash cool slightly, scoop pulp, celery and garlic out of the skin and place in blender with Alkalizing Vegetable Broth; puree.
Add chipotle pepper and dulse to taste, puree. Reheat gently to serving temperature.
Garnish soup with dill or parsley and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.