- 3-4 cups of water depending upon how much broth you like. (I add more water when cleansing for vegetable broth.)
- 1 slice celery root – chopped (or 2 stalks celery or both)
- ⅓ cup sliced leek
- ¼ cup chopped bulb fennel
- 1 or 2 sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup sliced burdock or salisfy root (if like it and can obtain either)
- ¼ onion
- 2 or 3 diced small potatoes (and or any root vegetable you prefer such as sweet potato, rutabaga or turnip) Omit these if you are cleansing unless you want to slow down your cleanse.
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 coarsely chopped cabbage wedge (red, green or both)
- 2 or 3 cauliflower florets – gently broken up (include the leaves and stem if they are tender and appealing)
- 2 or 3 pieces of kale
- ½ cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup of fresh spinach, chard or other fresh tender green
- 2 tablespoons raw cold pressed organic olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw organic cider vinegar
- few sprigs of parsley
- organic wheat free tamari to taste if not cleansing
This soup varies depending upon what is fresh and available. Everything is always organically grown. Any item can be increased, decreased, omitted or substituted depending upon your taste and what’s available. It’s also great when not cleansing with a couple poached eggs.
Heat water in a medium size stainless steel or glass pan until it starts to boil. Add celery root or celery or both, sliced leek, bulb fennel, mushrooms and if you like burdock or salsify root this is the time to add it. Let simmer for 15 or 20 minutes on medium low heat.
The onion, potatoes and any other root vegetables, continue to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
The carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, kale unless it is super tender then wait until next step. Simmer for another 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
The broccoli (unless it is tough then add it with the cauliflower) and fresh spinach, chard or other fresh tender greens. Turn off the heat and leave the pot on the burner until the broccoli is cooked. Serve seasoned with olive oil, cider vinegar, dash of cayenne pepper and tamari if not cleansing. Garnish with parsley.
Serves 2-3 depending upon how many vegetables were added.